Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Question about doll hangers

  1. #1
    Inactive Member bgeurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    630
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I have some friends who are getting the OG trunk from Target for there girls. But now they tell me they need hangers.

    I called AG and got two Item #'s for there hangers, and btw the price is now $1. each.

    Does someone have a source that might be less expensive? Are they selling them at the outlet?

    Any help would be appreciated. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member AG Seamstress's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I sell the white plastic hangers that fit on regular closet rods, for 50cents a piece.
    I also have some AG hangers, because I don't use them. They're too small for the dress racks I use for my clothes.
    PM me if you're interested.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 3castles's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2006
    Posts
    372
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Take a piece of wood a little larger than the hanger size, draw a hanger shape on it. (like a typical wire hanger) Then hammer some nails into it at all the places where the wire needs to bend. Get you some wire, I think I used 18-20 gauge, but check the hardware store because they have vinyl covered wire that works great and is WAY cheap! What you are doing is making a 'jig' for making your own wire hangers in doll size. They are cheap and work like a charm!!!! One of the best parts is they won't break!!!

    Good luck!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member emsmombuysdolls's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2006
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Making your own wire hangers?!?! That is a sweet idea! I think I just found our Christmas break project. Who wouldn't love AG hangers for Christmas?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member bgeurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    630
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    AG Seamstress, I sent you a PM.

    3 Castles, that is such a cute idea. But if you only new how hammer and nail challenged I was, you wouldn't suggest it. But it sounds like a fun project.

    CD-R, thank you for the item # for the AGCollection hanger, I have that and the American Girl hanger # 06-hanger (the black one).

    There prices are now $1. each and I was wondering if anyone had purchased the hangers from any of the stores that are simular to the AG hangers. Some of the stores have colored hangers, pink, purple and white.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member lonie's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2006
    Posts
    218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The white historical hangers do NOT fit the Target trunk. The rod is too large. The AGOT black hangers fit, though, which is a stinker because the historical hangers are half the price of the AGOT. I have a very few historical hangers that fit the trunk but the new ones that I ordered recently don't fit.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member pixterzoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7th, 2006
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ALOF(A life of faith) dolls sell a set of 12 hangers for $4.99. You could buy these at Family Christian stores and get them really cheap with the coupons.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Savannah Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2006
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just bought some from Our World of Dolls Doll Shop. The ones I bought have a regular people-hanger sized hook so they will fit on the Target Trunk pole. She has small and large hooks on 3 inch to 7 inch hangers, in plastic & metal. Here's a direct link to the hanger department. Now if I could only find pants hangers to slip over the hook. I prefer to hang my own pants with clips rather than folded over the hanger. Guess I could probably rig something up with those little super mini clothespins hanging from the hanger with some ribbon. Then the pants would hang from inside the matching shirt.

    1 x Doll Clothes Hangers 7 in. (box of 100) for 18 in. dolls () = $40.00
    ---------------------------------------------
    Sub-Total: $40.00
    Table Rate (Best Way): $8.00 (Priority Mail)
    Total: $48.00

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 15, 2006 11:35 PM: Message edited by: Savannah Jane ]</font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member XIAOMEOW's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2006
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Try this one. This is off white with the heart.

    AGC Plastic Hanger 01-408 $0.50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •